The Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) is administered by the City of Placentia and volunteer members. Placentia RACES is dedicated to public safety communications.
The main purposes of the organization are:
- Providing radio communications support for either the City or other regional communities during and after disasters or emergencies
- Providing radio communications support for non-emergency functions, such as community activities and mutual aid requests
RACES members must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be available for call-outs and special events
- Be licensed amateur radio operators
- Have a desire to provide public service
- Own a two-meter, 440-band portable / mobile amateur radio(s)
Nets & Frequencies
Interested amateur radio operators are invited to monitor the monthly Placentia RACES net. Guests are encouraged to check in during our visitor check-in time on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:45 p.m. The RACES frequency is 145.645 MHz (Simplex).
RACES meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. to discuss previous, pending, and future items and events. Meetings are in the administrative meeting room of City Hall:
401 E Chapman Avenue
Placentia, CA 92870
Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to attend. For more information, contact the Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management Division at 714-993-8117.