R.A.C.E.S. Program | Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services
The Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) is administered by the City of Placentia and is housed within the CERT program. Volunteer members of the Placentia RACES group are dedicated to public safety communications and community service.
The main purposes of the organization are:
- Providing radio communications support for either the City or other regional communities during and after disasters or emergencies
- Providing radio communications support for non-emergency functions, such as community activities and mutual aid requests
RACES members must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be available for call-outs and special events
- Be licensed amateur radio operators
- Have a desire to provide public service
- Own a two-meter, 440-band portable / mobile amateur radio(s)
Nets & Frequencies
Interested amateur radio operators are invited to monitor the monthly Placentia RACES net. Guests are encouraged to check in during our visitor check-in time on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:45 p.m. The RACES frequency is 145.645 MHz (Simplex).
RACES meets the second Tuesday of each month to discuss previous, pending, and future items and events. Meetings are hosted at the City Hall and all that wish to attend must arrive prior to 7 p.m. and meet outside of the Police Department entrance. If you will be late, please check-in over the radio to inform the staff that you are behind schedule.
City of Placentia | Police Department
401 E Chapman Avenue
Placentia, CA 92870
449.680 MHz (-), Repeater PL 131.8 Hz frequency