The Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) is administered by the City of Placentia and is housed within the Emergency Services program. Volunteer members of the Placentia RACES group are dedicated to public safety communications and community service.
The main purposes of the organization are:
- Providing radio communications support for either the City or other regional communities during and after disasters or emergencies
- Providing radio communications support for non-emergency functions, such as community activities and mutual aid requests
RACES members must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be available for call-outs and special events
- Be licensed amateur radio operators
- Have a desire to provide public service
- Own a two-meter, 440-band portable / mobile amateur radio(s)
Nets & Frequencies
Interested amateur radio operators are invited to monitor the monthly Placentia RACES net. Guests are encouraged to check in during our visitor check-in time on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:45 p.m. The RACES check-in frequency is 449.680 MHz (-), Repeater PL 131.8 Hz. Our backup frequency is 145.645 MHz (Simplex).
RACES meets the second Tuesday of each month to discuss previous, pending, and future items and events. Meetings are hosted by Zoom and all that wish to attend should contact the Emergency Services Manager.
City of Placentia
401 E Chapman Avenue
Placentia, CA 92870
Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to attend. For more information, contact the Emergency and Health Services Division at 714 993-8214.
449.680 MHz (-), Repeater PL 131.8 Hz frequency