The City of Placentia invites sealed bids for the below stated project and will receive sealed bids for the materials, supplies, equipment and/or services set forth herein, subject to all conditions outlined in the Bid Package.
OLD PLACENTIA CITY HALL ADA IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
1. Obtaining Bid Documents: The Bid and Contract Specifications for this project are available to download at no cost from www.CIPList.com. All bidders shall register with www.CIPList.com to retrieve plans, specifications, addendums, bidders’ list, etc.
2. Bid Opening Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:00 P.M. Sealed bids will be received at all times during normal business hours prior to the Bid Opening, at the Office of the City Clerk. Bids will be publicly opened at the Bid Opening time stated, in the Administrative Conference Room, or as otherwise posted or declared. The outside of the sealed envelope of each bid submitted shall be clearly marked: OLD PLACENTIA CITY HALL ADA IMPROVEMENT PROJECT – CITY PROJECT NO. 5101– DO NOT OPEN WITH REGULAR MAIL. Please note that City Hall is closed every Friday.
3. Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting: A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at the project site located at 120 S. Bradford Avenue, Placentia California 92870 on May 6, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. Failure to attend the mandatory pre-bid meeting shall give cause to deem your bid as non-responsive.
4. Contractor's License: In accordance with provisions of Section 3300 of the California Public Contract Code, the AGENCY has determined that the Prime Contractor shall possess at least a valid Class-B California Contractor's License. Failure to possess such license may render the bid non-responsive and bar the award of the contract to that non-responsive Bidder. The successful Contractor and his/her subcontractors will be required to possess business licenses from the AGENCY.
5. Prevailing Wages: In accordance with the provisions of Section 1770, et seq., of the Labor Code, the Director of the Industrial Relations of the State of California has determined the general prevailing rate of wages applicable to the work to be done. Contractor will be required to pay to all persons employed on the project by the Contractor sums not less than the sums set forth in the documents entitled "General Prevailing Wage Determination made by the Director of Industrial Relations pursuant to California Labor Code, Part 7, Chapter 1, Article 2, Sections 1770, 1773, 1773.1." These documents can be reviewed in the office of the City Clerk or may be obtained from the State.
Prevailing wages used on this project shall be based on the State and Federal Labor Codes, whichever is higher per the requirements of State/Federal and per Section 3 and HUD form 4010 in bid package.
6. Bid Security: Each bid shall be accompanied by bid security in the form of a cashier's check, certified check or bid bond in the amount of 10% of the total bid amount. All cashier's checks or certified checks must be drawn on a responsible bank doing business in the United States and shall be made payable to THE CITY OF PLACENTIA. A bonding company admitted and licensed to do business in the State of California must issue bid bonds. Bids not accompanied by the required bid security shall be rejected. Personal or company checks are NOT acceptable.
7. Payment Bond and Performance Bond: A Payment Bond and a Performance Bond, each in the amount of 100% of the contract amount, will be required of the Contractor.
8. Retention: In accordance with the Contract, five percent (5%) of any progress payment will be withheld as retention. Pursuant to Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code, at the request and expense of the Contractor, approved securities equivalent to the amount withheld may be deposited with the AGENCY or with a state or federally chartered bank as the escrow agent, and AGENCY shall then pay such moneys to the Contractor. Refer to the Contract for further clarification.
ALL BONDS ISSUED SHALL BE FROM A BONDING COMPANY ADMITTED AND LICENSED TO DO BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY OR ALL BIDS AND TO WAIVE ANY INFORMALITY OR IRREGULARITY IN ANY BID AND TO TAKE ALL BIDS UNDER ADVISEMENT FOR A MAXIMUM PERIOD OF 90 DAYS. ANY CONTRACT AWARDED WILL BE LET TO THE LOWEST RESPONSIVE AND RESPONSIBLE BIDDER. NO BID SHALL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS IT IS PREPARED ON THE APPROVED PROPOSAL FORMS IN CONFORMANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS.