Trash, Recycling, and Organics
The City of Placentia contracts with Republic Services to provide weekly residential, multi-family, and commercial waste collection services. To view and learn more about the current rates for services, please click here. Use the map below to find your residential collection day.
Solid Waste Franchise Agreement
The City's exclusive franchise agreement with Republic Services became effective July 20, 2010, and expires on November 19, 2037. A copy of the agreement is available for viewing below:
Below are additional services available to residents and business owners. To schedule these services, please contact Republic Services at (714) 238-3300. For further information, please visit the Republic Services page for the City of Placentia.
- BULKY ITEM COLLECTION - Large household items that cannot fit into containers are available for residential and commercial customers. Republic Services offers single-family residents three (3) free curbside bulky item collections per year (up to 10 items per pickup). These services are available to multi-family residents and commercial customers for a fee of $51.13 per pick-up of two (2) items.
- Please note: There is an added charge for pickup of air conditioners and refrigerators due to the special handling requirements of Freon.
- A full list of unacceptable items can be found here, on the second page under Bulk.
- CONTAINER EXCHANGE - Containers that have graffiti, are damaged, or are worn out can be exchanged. There is one (1) complimentary cart replacement per year. Additional cart replacements will result in additional fees.
- CONTAINER RENTALS - Three-yard to 30-yard rental containers are available for residential cleanups and removal of construction debris.
- EXTRA TRASH SERVICE - Extra weekly pickups are available for a nominal fee.