The City of Placentia contracts with Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) Inc. for street sweeping services. This essential service strives to ensure that all City arterial, residential, industrial, and alley roadways are kept clean. Maintaining clean streets keeps the City of Placentia beautiful and complies with the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements to control and improve water quality. Please keep the following guidelines in mind for street sweeping service:
- Please move all vehicles off the street during the times/days posted for street sweeping.
- Please ensure all trash containers and recreational items such as basketball hoops are removed from the gutter area on your service day.
- Don’t rake or blow leaves/grass into the gutter or streets. Instead, place them inside of your automated green waste container to be picked up on your scheduled collection day.
Citywide Street Sweeping Schedule
Please use the map below to look up street sweeping information by address within the City.
Services are not performed on the following holidays (unless otherwise noted):
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther’s King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (including the following Friday)
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day (The City cancels all sweeping operations on residential streets typically between December 22nd and January 2nd. These specific dates may change from year to year but generally encompass the last two weeks of the year). Arterial streets are still swept during this time period.
Street Sweeping Citations
To improve the efficiency of the street sweeping program, the City has adopted a parking enforcement program where parking along city streets is prohibited on street sweeping days. Signs are posted at the entrances to individual streets and at the main entrances to residential neighborhoods. Residential areas are swept twice each month, and the frequency is posted on the signs with the day of the week and frequency during each month such as the first and third Monday, second and fourth Wednesday. The “No Parking Zone” is enforceable during the block of time identified on the posted sign, regardless of the location of the street sweeper on the scheduled route. Vehicles parked on the street during those days and between the posted hours will be cited under Placentia Municipal Code, Chapter 13.48.220. For residents who wish to contest their citations, please follow the instructions located on the back of the citation ticket. For questions or inquiries regarding street sweeping citations, please call the Placentia Police Department at (714) 993-8164.
Customer Service Contact Information
Should a City resident or business have any issues or concerns related to street sweeping operations and services provided, please report the item(s) to the Public Works Departments at (714) 993-8131. Please note that City Hall is closed every Friday.
Sweeping operations may not occur during inclement weather (e.g. heavy rain and high winds). Please call the City’s Public Works Department at (714) 993-8131 on inclement weather days to receive the most up-to-date information.